This is the prototype. I called this prototype the "Car Ignition Driver".
- R1 and P1 ratio will determined the duty cycle of the output of pin#3 of the timer 555, and 50% duty cycle works fine.
- C1 will determined the frequency range of the 555, the lower the value the higher the frequency will be.
- P1 will varies the frequencies.
- The 7812 is the voltage regulator, it is required when the source power supply is more than 12V, otherwise this can
eliminated when using a car battery.
- When installing the mosfet IRF540, the G-gate, D-drain and S-source, looking from the front of the fet, the left leg is
the G, the middle one is the D and the right leg is the S.
Offered by Tian.