Steam Engine Design #2
This concept would be applied to each cylinder of the engine, with the Controller opening and closing the
valves at the appropriate times.
- For an internal camshaft engine, remove the "push rods".
- For an overhead valve engine, remove each camshaft ("V" engine has 2) and rocker arms.
- Remove all valves and valve seats.
- Fabricate and attach flanges as depicted below for each valve opening.
- Leave the spark plug in place or in the case of a diesel engine, disable opening of the injector.
- Repeat the mechanical design below for each cylinder (except for Distributor and Controller).
Send mail to Ron with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: December 9, 1998